BlueTarp understands that confidentiality of information is critical to our purchase account Customers and Dealers. We have created this Security Statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to keeping information about our Customers and Dealers confidential. For purposes of this Security Statement, any references to BlueTarp (or "we," "us" or "our") mean both BlueTarp Financial, Inc., and the issuer of BlueTarp accounts and "you," or "your" refer to BlueTarp account holders or BlueTarp Dealers as applicable.
BlueTarp Financial primarily collects information to process BlueTarp transactions and service your business management needs. We also collect information to notify you of offers that may be of interest. In addition, BlueTarp compiles information in the aggregate to share with third parties, such as distributors and manufacturers.
We firmly believe that it's your right to know that your information is secure, what information we collect, how we use it, and what options are available to you with regards to information sharing. This Security Statement provides details about Internet security, information collection and use, and how to contact us.
BlueTarp Financial uses the most widely accepted, commercially available measures to protect the security of all information and, where possible, conforms to industry best practices. To assure that your privacy is respected, we protect our Web site by:
- utilizing SSL technology
- hosting our Web site on secure servers with firewalls
- maintaining Secure Site status through security industry leader GTECyberTrust
- providing password protection to account information
- allowing you to opt out of any online or traditional marketing efforts
Because email is not guaranteed to be secure, you should not provide us with confidential information, such as your password, through email. Also, if we must communicate confidential information, we may choose to call you or request via email that you contact us by phone.
You also play an important role in maintaining security of information while using the Internet. You should ensure that you are familiar and comfortable with the security level of your browser and watch for security alerts affecting the software on your computer or the browser you are using.
Dealer Data Transmission Security
BlueTarp data transmission between a Dealer and our transaction processing system is conducted in a manner that ensures the integrity and the confidentiality of your business information. We apply accepted e-commerce techniques to support the exchange of transaction information. The connection between your site and our data collection server is conducted over an https/secure link using session-wide strong encryption.
BlueTarp will only collect information that is customarily printed on the contractor's invoice. There is no internally sensitive information required to support the requirements of the BlueTarp program. To further ensure that the information transmitted to BlueTarp is acceptable to you, we will ask you to approve all information that we are collecting from your system prior to initiating the first data transmission. Should there be information included in the transmission data set that you feel is sensitive, it can be eliminated from the report at that time.
We collect the following types of information:
- Application Information: All Customers complete an Application or Account Acceptance Form for BlueTarp accounts. This information includes contact information (such as the business representative's name, title, business address, business phone number and fax number, and business email address); Customer information (such as the business name, principal office address, tax identification number, trade references, etc.), and Customer authorized cardholder information (such as the names and transaction limits, if any, of all authorized cardholders). When we receive Applications or Acceptance Forms, we also obtain additional information to supplement the information provided (such as credit information about companies, consumer reports about individuals, and information from credit and trade references). We collect and retain this information, and we update it from time to time as provided in the BlueTarp Account Agreement.
- Dealer Enrollment Information: Before a Dealer can join the BlueTarp program, a representative of the Dealer must complete an enrollment form to give us certain information, including contact information (such as the Dealer representative's name, title, business address, business phone number and fax number, and business email address) and Dealer information (such as the Dealer's name, principal office address, retail location addresses, tax identification number, etc.).
- Transaction Information: We collect and retain information about each transaction for each BlueTarp account, including the identity of the authorized cardholder involved, the account number used in connection with the transaction, the name and location of the Dealer which sold the goods or services, the Dealer invoice number, the amount of the transaction, and the job identification number provided by an authorized purchaser. In some cases, we also collect detailed purchase information such as a description of the goods or services purchased, the merchandise Stock Keeping Unit (or "SKU") for each item purchased, price per unit, number of units, Dealer assigned job code, job name, job address, etc.
- Profile and Survey Information: From time to time, BlueTarp Financial may request that you provide profile information such as the size of your business, type of business, building material usage, Internet preferences, etc. BlueTarp may also collect survey information from its Customers and Dealers, such as surveys about Internet use, your bookkeeping practices and software, and your views about BlueTarp.
- Supplemental Information: BlueTarp may supplement the information that you provide with additional information we receive from third parties, including service providers, credit bureaus and industry trade groups. We treat any supplemental information we receive from third parties as carefully as the information that you provide to us directly.
- Navigation Information and "Cookies": We use Web site usage metrics (including visits to our Web site, the pages visited on our Web site, the pathways used, and identity of sites from which users come to the Web site) and Internet address information to help diagnose problems with our server, to track user traffic patterns, and to administer the Web site. We make use of a standard feature of browser software called a "cookie" to assign each visitor a unique, random number. A cookie is a file that identifies a computer as a unique user. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may be able to reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If cookies are disabled, however, the Web site (and many other Web sites) may be harder to use. A cookie cannot read data off the hard drive of a computer.
- Communication Information: We may retain copies for our records of any communications we send to or receive from you via mail, fax, telephone, email, etc. We are not responsible for archiving and/or maintaining communication information. We encourage you to maintain your own records of communication with us.
How BlueTarp Uses The Information We Collect
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Application Information: We use application information to underwrite applications, to review the status of BlueTarp accounts from time-to-time, and to collect payments due BlueTarp. We also use application information to verify your identity when you access our Web site. We may also use aggregated application information for analysis purposes. For example, we may use aggregated application information to analyze the effectiveness of marketing solicitations. Aggregated application information will not be identified with any particular Customer or individual account holder.
- Dealer Enrollment Information: We use Dealer enrollment information to process BlueTarp transactions, to verify the identity of a Dealer and its representatives when they access the Web site, to provide remittance to Dealers for BlueTarp transactions and to obtain payment from Dealers for the services they obtain from BlueTarp. Dealer enrollment information may be used, with the Dealer's permission, to promote the Dealer as accepting BlueTarp. We may also use aggregate enrollment information for analysis purposes. For example, we may use aggregated enrollment information to analyze the effectiveness of sales and advertising efforts. Aggregated enrollment information will not be identified with any particular Dealer.
- Transaction Information: BlueTarp uses transaction information to ensure proper Customer billing and Dealer reimbursement processing. We also securely transmit transaction information on our Web site so that each Customer or Dealer can access its transaction information through a password-protected account at our Web site.
- Profile and Survey Information: BlueTarp uses profile information to better tailor our services to meet your individual needs and to inform you about various products and services. BlueTarp uses survey information to evaluate the performance of our services and to anticipate future customer services.
- Navigation Information: Our Web site uses navigation information to recognize each visitor to the Web site as a user of the Web site, to direct you to your personal account "home page" and to help keep track of usage patterns on the Web site for future enhancements.
Sharing Information Within BlueTarp Financial
We may share information within BlueTarp and with our service providers in the following ways:
- With Employees: Employees of BlueTarp have access to the information we collect and such access is limited on a need-to-know basis. BlueTarp requires each employee to agree to keep all such information confidential and to abide by this Security Statement.
- With Service Providers: From time to time, BlueTarp retains the services of third-party technical service providers and consultants. We may allow these third parties to access the information we collect, but only to the extent required to perform the tasks we retain them to perform. The third parties agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information, and to be bound by this Security Statement.
When We Release Account Information
We may release account information under the following circumstances:
- With Other Lenders or Credit Bureaus: We will disclose your credit history with us to other lenders or credit bureaus in order to support the credit approval process. We release only the information required to identify you, as well as the facts from our credit records about your repayment history.
- With Outside Agents: We may take action to protect BlueTarp, which may result in disclosing information to parties outside BlueTarp, such as returning your checks due to insufficient funds or using agents to collect overdue accounts.
Other Third Party Information Sharing
It is our policy to use information in a way that will be helpful to you. BlueTarp will not share information we collect in a way that will intentionally put you at a competitive disadvantage or harm your business relationships. We may from time to time share information we collect with our business partners, manufacturers, distributors, market analysts, advertisers and other third parties as described below.
Aggregated Information: We may share aggregated information about our Customers and Dealers and BlueTarp transactions with manufacturers, distributors, market analysts, advertisers, Business Partners, sponsors, our affiliates, and any other third parties. Aggregated information will not be identified with any particular Customer or Dealer.
Transaction Information: BlueTarp may from time to time use information we collect to help you personalize your Web account or to send you special email or mail offers on products and services we believe you will find of value. Any such offers are developed and managed under strict conditions designed to safeguard the security and privacy of your information and will provide you with a means to "opt out" of future offers.
You may choose to opt out of receiving some or all communications from us regarding third-party companies concerning their products or services. If you would like to stop such information sharing at any time and for any reason, you may "opt out" by sending written notice to BlueTarp. Please specify if you are opting out of email, telephone, and/or mail communications by contacting us at:
BlueTarp Financial Customer Service
PO Box 17825
Portland, ME 04112
Or you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BlueTarp provides only business services, and neither intends to collect nor knowingly collects any information from or about children.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Web site contains links to other Web sites. By clicking on such links, visitors will leave the BlueTarp Web site and enter the other sites. If you make a purchase of goods or services from a third party listed on or linked to the Web site, any information that you give in connection with such purchase (such as a purchase card number and contact information) will be provided to such third party. This Security Statement does not cover the privacy practices of such linked Web sites and BlueTarp is not responsible for the privacy practices, data collection, security, or content of other Web sites. Visitors, Customers, and Dealers should be careful to review any privacy policies posted on linked sites before using them.
Keeping Your Account Information Accurate
We will make reasonable efforts to keep your account information accurate and up-to-date.
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as if you move, change phone numbers, or change your email address. If you find any errors in our information about you or about your transactions, let us know and we will attempt to verify and make the corrections immediately. For information that remains in dispute, we will keep a record of your opinion.
Reviewing, Editing, or Downloading Online Information
You may edit transaction information on your Web site account for your specific job costing and accounting purposes. User-edited information will not, however, be reflected on your printed monthly billing statement, as BlueTarp does not print most online edits as a part of its billing process.
You may also download transaction information to your computer. While BlueTarp provides tools for transaction information download, it is not responsible for the integrity or security of transaction information downloaded or printed from its Web site by its Customers or Dealers.
If you do not agree to this Security Statement, you may not become a BlueTarp Account Customer or BlueTarp Dealer. By accepting the terms of the BlueTarp Financial Account Agreement or Dealer BlueTarp Agreement and becoming an Account Customer or Dealer, you shall be deemed to have consented to the collection and use of information as we have outlined in this Security Statement.
We may change our policies (including this Security Statement) at any time. If we decide to change this Security Statement, we will post the changes to this page so that you may be aware of our actions. If you do not agree to any such change, you must tell us and remove any information from your account on our Web site, and we will terminate our relationship as provided in our BlueTarp Account Agreement or Dealer BlueTarp Agreement (as applicable).
For additional information about BlueTarp Financial, Inc., the BlueTarp Web site or this Security Statement, please feel free to contact us at:
BlueTarp Financial Customer Service
PO Box 17825
Portland, ME 04112
Toll Free: 888-321-6698
©2011 by BlueTarp Financial, Inc.